The LifeStraw® portable water filter, named “Best Innovation of the Year” by Time Magazine in 2005, is the perfect solution when you don’t have access to safe and clean drinking water.
LifeStraw® is extremely easy to use, very reliable and ultra-light, weighing only 56 grams. The filter enables you to safely drink water from contaminated water sources by transforming even the dirtiest water into clean drinking water. This makes it an ideal tool for hikers, campers and people who spend a lot of time outdoors in general.
LifeStraw® is also a valuable tool to have in your home for emergency situations such as storms or flooding when the local water source can get contaminated.
LifeStraw® filters up to 1,000 liters of water, and removes a minimum of 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of parasites. Furthermore, the filter doesn’t contain any chemicals, batteries or moving parts.
LifeStraw® is developed for extreme conditions and is one of the most advanced and durable personal water filters available today. Rigorous laboratory testing of LifeStraw® proved that its performance exceeded U.S. EPA water filtration requirements for bacteria and parasites, including Escherichia coli, Cryptosporidium, and Giardia lamblia, and other waterborne pathogens.
- Filters up to 1,000 liters of water
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (˃LOG 6 reduction)
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (˃LOG 3 reduction)
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Ultra-light: weighs only 56 grams
- Width: 2.5 centimeter
- Length: 22.5 centimeter
- Life time: 5 years when stored at room temperature
- Contains no chemicals and is BPA-free
- Uses no batteries and has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate
- Easy to clean
- Very durable with no maintenance
- Used worldwide in most major natural disasters since 2005
LifeStraw® filters down to an incredible 0.2 microns. This means that the filter removes 99.9999% of all bacteria and 99.9% of all parasites and reduces turbidity (muddiness) by filtering out suspended particles.
Bacteria removed include:
Parasites removed include:
- Escherichia coli
- Vibrio cholera
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Giardia lamblia (“Beaver Fever”)
- Cryptosporidium parvum
- Entamoeba histolytica
Please note: The LifeStraw® will currently not desalinate water, or filter heavy metals or viruses.